Hi my name is Jeff Iwanaka and welcome to Performance 5 Fitness. Growing up I embraced a very active lifestyle and participated in many team sports and activities. I played minor hockey in Coquitlam and after I graduated high school I decided to take up the sport of speedskating. I fell in love with speedskating and had the opportunity to race in the BC Winter Games in 2000; earning a Silver medal. As my passion grew for health and fitness I decided to enter the University of British Columbia to study Human Kinetics and earn my Bachelors Degree. I started working at a gym in 2001 as a fitness consultant/instructor and knew that I had a gift of helping people with their fitness goals. I became a Strength and Conditioning Specialist working with athletes in my community and soon after started to specialize in 1 on 1 personal training and small group training on the North Shore at a boutique personal training studio. From 2005 to this day I accumulated over 10,000 training hours, helped clients transform their body, re-invent their lifestyle and become healthy and fit. I strongly believe in embracing an active and healthy lifestyle in order to be successful with clients. Outside of the gym I encourage and coach my clients into lifestyle activities such as hiking, hockey, cycling, adventure racing and much more.
- Personal Trainer / Coach of the Year Award, 2009
- Canuck place adventure race 1st place finisher
- BC winter games silver medal in speedskating
- Oliver half Ironman 2009
- Finisher in multiple endurance races
- Coquitlam minor hockey
- Seattle to Portland ride finisher
- Stairclimb for clean air top finishers
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS Certification), Functional Movement Screening certificate, and ACSM Certified Personal Trainer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Kinetics at the University of British Columbia.
- 10,000 + hours personal training hours since 2001.